Volume 6, Issue 10 / October 2002
In this issue
5th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival
Jewels found outside the Official Competition
1) A Visit to Korea: a Tale of Pi-Fan, 2001 / by Peter Rist
Hospitality Korean style makes Professor Rist’s first (and certainly not last) trip to Pi-Fan (5th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival) an event to remember.
2) A Touch of Hu: A Fan’s Notes and an Appreciation / by Peter Rist
As an invited guest to Pi-Fan, Professor Rist was asked to share his knowledge of King Hu to interested observers. Offscreen extends the privilege to its readers.
3) Vancouver 21st International Film Festival: A Review / by Tim Newman
As a first-time coverage for Offscreen, Newman’s descriptive prose captures the all-important ambience of one of Canada’s premiere Film Festivals.
4) Scarlet Diva: Asia Argento’s Torrid Home Movie / by Donato Totaro
Iran has Samira Makhmalbaf and a famous father named Mohsen. Italy has Asia Argento and a famous father named Dario. The parallels pretty much stop there.
5) The 26th Montreal World Film Festival / by Donato Totaro
Iranian cinema once again leads the way at the Montreal World Film Festival.