Volume 5, Issue 7 / December 2001
In this issue
Robin Schlaht's First Dramatic Feature
History captured by digital technology
Two directors with Canadian premières at the World Film Festival
1) FCMM 2001: Sounding Off, Part 1 by Randolph Jordan
Randolph Jordan relies equally on his ‘eyes’ and ‘ears’ as he concentrates on the often overlooked juxtaposition of sound and image, a dialectic that is becoming an increasingly important part of Montreal’s FCMM Festival International Nouveau Cinéma et Nouveaux Médias.
2) FCMM 2001: Sounding Off, Part 2 by Randolph Jordan
Part two of Randolph Jordan’s coverage of Montreal’s FCMM Festival International Nouveau Cinéma et Nouveaux Médias.
3) The Pleasures of Solitude by Michael Crochetière
A review of Robin Schlaht’s recent Canadian feature Solitude.
4) Japanese Silent Cinema by Donato Totaro
A Review of a special dvd-rom dedicated to silent Japanese cinema.
5) Une Entrevue dand le Plateau
Roundtable discussion with filmmakers Robin Schlaht, Roy Cross, Michael Crochetière, and film critic/writer/teacher Johanne Larue.